In 1948, Bill and Lois Swart came to West Carrollton, and opened their funeral home at 112 W. Main Street. In 1951, they moved the funeral home to its current location at 207 E. Central Avenue that was built in 1900 by the Burns Family. Bill and Lois Swart ran the funeral home until 1975 when their daughter, Sue, joined the business as a licensed funeral director and embalmer. In 1980 Sue married Gary Chessman and they successfully operated the funeral home until her death in 1992. Bill and Lois returned and operated the business until the time of his death in 2011, and her death in 2012.
In 1993 to current, Sue’s daughter, Julie Chessman-Neff, joined the business as the office administrator, where she takes great pride in assisting all the families with their paperwork, insurance claims, veteran’s claims, and various other needs. Julie will continue to operate a locally owned business and give individual, customized care, to each family that we are honored to serve.
Since 1948 we have been honored to serve families in the West Carrollton, Miamisburg, Moraine, and surrounding communities and we continue to do so to this day. There have been many other individuals that have also served our families with care and compassion from the beginning such as Jack and Norma Chessman, Jim O’Reilly, Bob and Cora Haines, Tom Gray, Tammi Hamilton-Hepfer, Margaret Farler and Ed High.